home about contact

Tuesday 17 September 2013

What's In My Make Up Bag? ♥

 I love, love, looove this make up bag from Primark. It's actually meant to be a toiletries bag that you hang on the back of your door, but I thought it would be perfect as a make up bag. Only costing £4.00 from Primark and being an excellent Cath Kidston dupe, well, I had to have it! 
 All of these products are my must-go-to items in my make up bag at the moment. I'm loving Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, and it is so beautiful mixed with Mac Strobe Cream...perfect duo. I find that as my foundation is so long lasting, I'm not really having to use my L'oreal Studio Secrets Primer, but It's such a lovely product that I always pop it in my make up bag just in case. My favourite concealers are Benefit Erase Paste and Collection Long Lasting Concealer. I never used to be a big fan of the Erase Paste- I didn't feel it did anything for me...ah, so wrong I was! I suffer from terrible red/blueish bags under my eyes, and I find that this product really diminishes the blue and red tones. I then blob a little Collection Concealer on, and I look awake and bright eyed. My favourite highlighters are Estee Lauder Double Wear Highlighter, perfect for above the eyebrows, and Me Me Me highlighter, which looks a real treat on the cheek bones. I always finish the look with a touch of Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as I have oily skin occasionally, and a little Rimmel Sun Shimmer in the Summer- it's also perfect for contouring as it has very little shimmer to it. 
On my eyes I am loving Estee Lauder Double Wear creamy eye shadow pots in Ivory Lace. It stays put all day, and has such a natural, beautiful shimmer. I also enjoy L'oreal Colour Appeal Star Secret Trio eyeshadows (what a mouthful!) when I fancy a smokey eye. Favourite mascaras are L'oreal Telescopic mascara for super curled and separated lashes, and L'oreal Double Extension Renewal Mascara for extra length. I also really love my H&M Light Brown Eyebrow Pencil....an absolute bargain, lovely colour and stays put all day. I always curl my lashes with Primark lash curlers...absolute bargain at £2.00. 
I am currently using Real Techniques brushes; the Buffing Brush and Contour Brush being my favourite. I recently bought some Italian Brushes from a Company called Kubo Beauty. They retail around the £13 mark, but I know are also available in TkMaxx at the moment for a little cheaper. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet- the concealer brush is lovely, but I find the powder brush is a little dry and irritates my skin at times...shame, because they look pretty impressive. 
I've also been trying Seventeen Shimmer Palettes which are new to the collection- I'm not really that impressed. It has little colour pay off and the pigmentation is really pants. I am however loving the Estee Lauder Double Wear blusher....it is such a gorgeous colour, but I think it was limited edition because I can't find it to be available anywhere!

What are your favourite things in your make up bag? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...